Acquisition of Turkish Citizenship by purchasing real estate
Consultancy and Support Services are provided for the acquisition of Turkish Citizenship by purchasing real estate.
working in Turkey, but will invest in scope and amount to be determined by the President and these people have not passed the age of 18 with his wife, children can win the Turkish citizenship to be exceptional.
With the latest regulations made in 2018, foreigners who bought real estate (real estate such as houses and workplaces) worth at least 250,000 US Dollars (USD) and their spouses and their children under the age of 18 were given the opportunity to acquire Turkish Citizenship exceptionally. As a result of the collection of the required documents, an application will be made to the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs affiliated to the Ministry of Interior.
First of all, the person who wants to become a Turkish Citizen has to purchase a real estate worth 250,000 US Dollars (USD).
1. PURCHASE OF REAL ESTATE
Real estate worth at least $ 250,000 must be purchased. When purchasing real estate, a 3-year non-sale annotation must be included in the land registry. If this real estate is not annotated in the title deed record, there is a commitment that the real estate will not be sold within 3 years from the date of acquisition within the scope of the 20th article of the Regulation on the Implementation of the Turkish Citizenship Law. With the “Land Registry and Cadastre General Directorate”, an annotation of 3-year non-sale must be submitted.
NOTE: Instead of the US dollar requested as a monetary requirement, foreign currency or Turkish Lira equivalent to the same value is also sufficient for this condition to be fulfilled. This monetary Central Bank of Turkey on the date of determination in the determination of condition (CBT) effective exchange rate and / or cross-currency basis.
HOW TO BECOME OWNER OF REAL ESTATE IN TURKEY?
- Foreign persons must be done first in order to be real with land directorates preliminary application in Turkey. (https://randevu.tkgm.gov.tr/)
- After the preliminary application, the date for the transfer of the immovable is determined.
- Application documents must be ready on the specified day.
Application Documents in real estate purchase in Turkey
- Title deed document of the immovable
- Passport and photocopy of the foreigner who will buy (with a certified Turkish translation)
- “Real Estate Fair Value Document” to be obtained from the municipality where the property is located
- Compulsory earthquake insurance policy for residences and workplaces
- 1 photograph of the seller (white background, biometric)
- 2 photographs of the buyer (white background, biometric)
- Sworn translator if the foreigner does not speak Turkish.
- Original or certified copy of the power of attorney in case the transfer procedures are carried out by a proxy (approved Turkish translation if arranged abroad)
Fees and Charges in Turkey Real Estate Purchases
- Title deed fee (determined according to the value of the house.)
- Revolving fund fee
- Service fee to be paid to the land registry office
The Need to Know to Buy Real Estate in Turkey Apprehended Notes:
- Care should be taken that there are no restrictions such as mortgage, foreclosure, and precautionary injunction in the real estate.
- A pre-application should be made to the land registry offices for the transfer procedures.
- The transfer of the immovable is possible with the official deed and registration signed at the land registry offices.
- Residence permit is not required to purchase real estate.
2. TAKING A SHORT-TERM RESIDENCE PERMIT
It is also necessary to obtain a residence permit on real estate, to cover the completion of the citizenship application process. In other words, after the house is purchased, a short-term residence permit must be obtained (6458-31 / J). The documents required to obtain a residence permit after owning the real estate are listed below:
Documents Required for Short Term Residence Permit
- Residence Permit Application Form [It must be signed by the foreigner and / or his / her legal representative (to be filled by our visa experts.)]
- Original and photocopy of the passport or replacement document for 60 days longer than the requested residence permit duration (the pages processed with the identity information and the page with the photo)
- 4 photos (taken within the last 6 months, against a white background and biometric.)
- Declaration of sufficient and regular financial means during the stay (It is declared in the Application Form. The administration may request a supporting document.)
- Valid health insurance [Insurance period must cover the desired residence permit duration (Health insurance policy will be arranged by our visa experts.)]
- Receipt of the fee and card fee paid to the state (Paid by our visa experts on behalf of the applicant.) (The fee and card fee vary depending on the nationality of the foreigner.)
- Official, e-signed / signed and sealed / stamped document showing that the residence belongs to the person (Title Deed)
Applications for residence permits for foreigners must be logged in to Turkey. This entry can be with a visa or with a visa exemption. Applications are made to the Directorate General of Migration Management with the necessary documents. Turkish Citizenship will be applied for when the residence permit is obtained.
3. RECEIVING THE REAL ESTATE APPRAISAL REPORT
In order to benefit from this regulation, an appraiser with a valid license approved by the Capital Markets Board must apply to one of the CMB Appraisal Companies to determine the amount of USD 250,000 mentioned in the applications for the acquisition of the immovable by sale, and a “Real Estate Appraisal Report” showing the market value of the immovable property must be obtained. CMB experts of the Central Bank of Turkey at the date of determination of the valuation process when (CBT) effective exchange rate and / or cross-currency basis.
4. COLLECTION OF APPLICATION DOCUMENTS FOR TURKISH CITIZENSHIP
Other required documents are provided. The required documents are provided by the lawyer if the power of attorney is given, or by the foreign person if not given. If there are documents that cannot be obtained with a lawyer, the person must provide them himself. The documents to be obtained in order to acquire Turkish Citizenship by real estate acquisition are listed as follows:
- Application form
- 2 photographs (white background and biometric)
- Passport (and its notarized Turkish translation)
- Document showing the identity information of the applicant (such as birth certificate, birth certificate)
- Health report
- If the applicant has relatives of 1st or 2nd Degree Turkish Citizens, the identity register copy of these persons
- Document showing the marital status of the applicant
- If the applicant is married, a marriage certificate, a copy of the birth certificate specifying spouse and children
- If the applicant is divorced, the document proving this situation, and if the widow, the death certificate of the spouse.
- If the child under the custody of the applicant is required to acquire Turkish Citizenship, a document showing the consent of the other parent issued by a notary public at home, or by the foreign representative or the competent authorities of the country, and a duly approved Turkish translation.
- If only the year of birth of the applicant is known and the month and date are not known, a document taken from his / her country to add these dates.
- Receipt showing that the service fee has been paid to the Treasury Office
5. APPLICATION TO TURKISH CITIZENSHIP
In order to acquire Turkish Citizenship exceptionally, an application is made to the General Directorate of Population and Citizenship Affairs with the necessary documents. In order for the Turkish Citizenship application to be completed smoothly, the required application documents must be completed completely and correctly.
6. REVIEW OF THE APPLICATION
A commission is formed by the relevant ministries, the application for citizenship is evaluated and submitted to the President’s approval. The final decision is made by the President.
7. INTERVIEW AND FINGERPRINT
During the approval phase, he is called by the nearest provincial police headquarters to give fingerprints and to make an interview.
COSTS FOR TURKISH CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION
- Service fees to be collected by the state
- Reporting costs of CMB Appraisal Companies
- Translation costs
- Notary expenses
- Costs for documents received from relevant government departments
- Medical report costs
- Consulting and operational costs provided by us
Undoubtedly, the most important factor in the acquisition of Turkish Citizenship is the preparation of the documents requested by the state institutions in accordance with the legislation and procedure. A single deficiency can lead to a negative result of your application. Therefore, it will be healthier to consult a specialist in these procedures.